From the time visitors arrive in our parking lot, we commonly hear them exclaim, “Wow, this place is so neat, bright, and organized! It seems like you’ve thought of everything!”
We certainly tried to consider everything as we planned and built our facility. In fact, our architectural drawings went through more than 300 iterations with input from employees from all over the company. While we can’t divulge all of our proprietary secrets about our plant we can tell you this…
- Our facility is 80,000 square feet in size with 66,000 square feet of shop floor. The entire facility is climate controlled, and the shop houses a central mist collection unit.
- Our manufacturing floor contains eight clustered and autonomous manufacturing divisions that are lead by 2 leaders who report directly to senior management.
- Employees walk no further than 72 feet to a bathroom, coffee station, vending machine, or in-process inspection room.
- All aisles are ten feet wide to facilitate material handling.
- We have an indoor receiving bay with two truck wells and an overhead 5 ton crane.
- Workflow and “people-flow” in our business and “non-shop” areas were also thoughtfully considered.
- We have a fully equipped classroom where employees are trained in all areas of the trade for hundreds of hours each year.
- The floor in our business office is made of porcelain – which cannot be scratched by metal shavings and never needs polishing.
- We have an on-site workout facility and high end locker and shower room where we provide soap, shampoo, towels, and large lockers that are numbered so the uniform supply company can deliver uniforms sequentially.
- In our large lunch room, we have colorful modern furniture, 10 microwaves so you never wait in line, and the cabinet drawer handles are color coded so you don’t have to guess where the forks are located.
At Fitzpatrick Manufacturing, we do all we can to get more work done in less time, so we can keep costs low to give our customers a competitive price.